Sunday, June 3, 2012

Guest Creative Team Assignment at MScraps.com

Oh boy am I excited to be part of the Guest Creative Team at MScraps.com for the month of June. What that means for my non-scrappy friends is that I get to download digital scrapbooking supplies in exchange for creating layouts and posting them. Frankly, there’s way to many posting requirements for me to think about this as an on-going gig, but for now I can handle it. I am posting to my facebook too.

Heather T is one of my favorite designers at MScraps. I love her artsy, fun kits. This kit, Summer Blast, has so much to offer I can’t stop working with it. Since I am anxiously awaiting the pool water’s arrival later this week, I thought it would be fun to look at last year’s photos. The summer colors of this kit are so inspirational, I found that I didn’t have to recolor anything. Everything fit! Yahoo.

The first two are part of a two-page spread. I created a small grid and foundation that helped tie the pages together. I used blend modes on the paint splotch and the word art, as well as the text, to make them look integrated into the paper. On the second layout I made the 3-flower sticker by adding a 10 pixel stroke to the outside of the rub-on. I love how it came out.  Heather is so clever with her doodles.

The second two pages could stand alone, but I created them to be companion pages. I just love the photos of the girls and their cousin playing at their Aunt Vickie’s. Heather’s stitching is fabulous and so realistic. I used the text tool to make the title art out of this great dragon-fly paper that is part of the kit, although it’s kind of hard to see that that is what it is. The dragonflies on the next page repeat the theme. The title art. Summer Blast, comes directly from the kit except that I applied the Multiply blend mode in PSE. This is my favorite of the four-I really love that photo mask and yellow and gray . . . WOW!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment