Monday, March 21, 2011

Blogging Goals from Blogging for Scrapbookers(Shimelle.com)

I have so many gadgets to distract me from my real love: taking pictures and telling stories. I swear I would probably be better off with none of these things except my Nikon, of course!! (I am loving Windows Live Writer for helping me write my posts!)






Journaling on Page 2: When I decided to take this course I knew that I would be challenged to develop goals for my blogging and scrapbooking life. I have been trying to systematize my digital workflow for over a year now. I just seem to be missing the mark in terms of feeling content in my crafting life. I have taken courses at Big Picture and I am a Paperclipping Member. I have taken drawing and painting lessons at Willowing, but I just feel like I haven’t found a flow. I take so many pictures that I can’t keep up with creating anything half the time. I spend my time organizing, purging and organizing my pictures. Since getting my iPad last fall I have been trying out apps that will help me get more of my story told and more of my photos out there to share. After all that’s why I take them. They are for me, but also for the people I love to enjoy. My new blog will be another way to share the pictures and the stories that they help to tell in a way that is both meaningful and easy.

6 comments:

  1. I sometimes feel the same way about not getting anything creative done because I'm either blogging or reading other people's blog, I'm really hoping this class will inspire me to scrapbook some pages over the next three weeks!
    See you in class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found having a blog to be a great way to get some immediacy, I can come back at a later date to scrap the stories, and I feel as though I am more in control and not just snapping away and forgetting to write about the photos!
    Good luck on your blogging journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your blogging journey! I have found that one of the side effects of blogging is that I have become more creative because I am consistently producing projects to fill my blog with. Even though it sometimes feels like there aren't enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sian....hopefully the blog will actually help your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed seeing your blog. Looking forward to more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your blogging journey! Great layout to start you off on this course!

    ReplyDelete