Thursday, October 21, 2010

Working In Raw is Frustrating Me!

The files are too big! I am constantly battling not having enough space. I have a 500G EHD for backups and I am just getting overwhelmed. . . Again!

Steps Again??

1. Upload to Photoshop Elements Organizer (label with date, then pic #)

2. Manually backup to EHD

3. Rate (use F11 to get to big screen view)

4. Delete 0-star ratings

5. Keyword in batch - Who, What, Where

6. Advanced Keyword for Category Drawers - Us, People, Things, Places

7.

When do I print? When do I scrapbook? When do I get to play with my photos because it seems like all I do is upload, purge, rate, and edit. It's too much. Just too much! I never get to just scrapbook with my photos.

2 comments:

  1. Don't shoot in RAW and only edit the photos you are going to use when you are ready to use them. That's the advice I've heard (and use) from scrapbookers on the Paperclipping Roundtable episodes. It is frustrating to use your time doing non-creative stuff like this when all you wanna do is scrapbook. I've even gotten to the point where I just use my iPhone for everyday photos, print at Snapfish as 4x6 and use as-is. You know what, that's okay. Sometimes we are just too darn hard on ourselves. This is supposed to be relaxing and fun. Go have some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, I just wanted to share that I have your winning paperclipping layout in the spotlight on my blog today. http://craftysuz.com Congrats & thanks so much for joining in the challenge. I hope you are submitting this month too.

    ReplyDelete